- The Government contributes 50 cents for every dollar you put in, in the form of a member tax credit of up to $10 per week (or $521.43 per year).
- If you're eligible, your employer will make contributions equal to at least 3% of your gross salary or wages, provided you're also making contributions from your pay.
- You can contribute to Kiwisaver whether you're in paid employment, are self-employed, or are not working. Even children can join!.
- Once you've been a Kiwisaver member for three years, you may qualify to use your Kiwisaver savings to help purchase your first home.
- You could also qualify for a Housing New Zealand Kiwisaver HomeStart grant to assist you with buying your first home.
- You can access your Kiwisaver retirement savings when you reach the eligibility age for New Zealand Superannuation (currently age 65), or when you have been a member of KiwiSaver for five years or more, whichever is later.
The Kiwisaver benefits listed above are available subject to the terms of specific legislation. Not all members will be eligible for all benefits - to find out more or to sign up to Kiwisaver, please contact Tim Wild or Danielle Auld at BWT Financial Limited.
BWT Financial Limited
1168 Amohia St,
07 347 0579
Our provider is: